Released worldwide in 2018, the Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone has set incredibly high expectations among the Xiaomi customers even before its launch. It clearly did not disappoint and fared pretty well. The Redmi Note 5 Pro proved to be a powerful smartphone with an enhanced camera system, making it the first mobile handset embedded with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon’s 636 mobile platform. While all of this is great news, a closer review of the Redmi Note 5 Pro specs and features would answer the most common queries that you might have. Here’s a detailed review of the Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone:
1. Design and Display
- The Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with an 18:9 panel up front, a first for Xiaomi phones in the budget price segment. This new panel marks the entry of an all-new design by introducing on-screen navigation keys, instead of the capacitive navigation buttons, as can be seen in its predecessor models.
- Other Redmi Note 5 Pro features in the design category include a standard micro USB charging port, IR blaster and a 3.5 mm jack, tactile volume and power buttons, and a fingerprint sensor at the back identical to the ones seen in past Xiaomi models.
- Xiaomi has a reputation of offering vibrant displays, and the Redmi Note 5 Pro features a taller 5.99-inch LCD panel display with a standard 2160X1080 resolution for 18:9 form factor, that’s touted as one of the best in this price segment. If you are someone who uses your phone a lot in the night, enabling the Redmi Note 5 Pro’s blue light filter can reduce the strain on your eyes. It can be configured to automatically function from sunset to sunrise.
- By design or accident, Redmi Note 5 Pro’s camera design is strikingly similar to that of iPhone X. The lenses are also stacked vertically with the flash sandwiched in between. All in all, the finish and build are of top quality, and reflects Xiaomi’s stringent quality control measures.
2. Hardware and Software Performance
- Redmi Note 5 Pro’s performance is nothing short of extraordinary, it would not be an exaggeration to conclude that it is the fastest phone in the budget category by several notches.
- It is the first Xiaomi device to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 mobile platform. The exceptional move to introduce Kryo cores in the budget category segment, has made a considerable difference in terms of overall performance with at least a 15-20 % shoot up in CPU speeds and 10 % increase in gaming performance.
- It’s also embedded with a RAM that was so far limited to the high-end segment, and both the variants offer a 64 GB internal storage.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro is packed with a powerful class 4000 mAh battery that can last for more than a day and a half on average, even if you are a power user and are glued to your phone for entertainment. The battery lacks fast charging, but it should not be a big deal given its exceptional battery life.
- Coming to the Redmi Note 5 Pro’s software, the Android 7.1.1. Nougat is installed on the phone with an Oreo update scheduled for some time later.
- The lack of a readymade Android Oreo version might be a cause of disappointment for some Xiaomi users, but the user experience is in no way inferior to the Oreo-based Xiaomi phones.
- Other Redmi Note 5 Pro specs in terms of software include a brand-new Mi Video app, split screen functionality and so on.
- The Redmi Note 5 Pro’s camera is a beast and wins hands down over other smartphones in this category.
- It features a 12 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary, depth camera, along with a front 20 MP LED flash camera.
- The phone does a fantastic job in low-light conditions, setting off a new precedent in the budget phone category. In daylight, the photos look stunning portraits with no pixelation, but with plenty of detail and precise color schemes.
- HDR mode is offered by default, a feature that hindered the users of its predecessors. The phone lacks a 4K video recording feature, but electronic image stabilization is facilitated for videos shot on this phone.
Additional Read – Xiaomi’s rise in the world of smartphones
Given the above reliable Redmi Note 5 Pro features and specs, it is the strongest contender when it comes to Xiaomi smartphones in the budget segment in the last few years. So, it is absolutely worth buying and the phone is available in two categories – 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage and 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage,
In this vein, you can buy the latest and trendiest smartphones on sale at discounted prices from Bajaj Finserv EMI Store. Buying the phone of your choosing from Bajaj Finserv EMI Store using a Bajaj Finserv EMI card would entitle you to special offers and discounts. Purchases made using the Bajaj Finserv EMI card are hassle-free and guarantee a 24-hr product delivery with a speedy delivery feature, with exclusive benefits such as a pre-approved loan, no-cost EMIs, zero down payment, flexible repayment tenure, zero foreclosure charges, all with minimal documentation.
Related Post – Top Mi and Redmi Phones under 20,000
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you make it happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere”!